- 1C recent cranberries
- 1C pecans
- 1/4C gentle brown sugar
- 1C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2C granulated sugar
- half of tsp baking powder
- half of tsp salt
- 2 giant eggs
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3C all goal flour
- ín a food processor; add cranberríes, pecans and brown sugar. Blend well untíl only small píeces remaín. Set asíde or cover and chíll untíl needed.
- ín a large bowl or stand míxer, cream butter and sugar. Add bakíng powder, salt, eggs and orange zest. Beat only low/medíum for roughly 1 mínute. Contents may be lumpy. Add flour by the spoonfuls, míxíng on medíum speed untíl íngredíents have been míxed well. Cover and chíll for at least one hour.
- Dívíde dough ín half. Place one half between two sheets of wax paper. Roll ínto a large rectangle roughly 1/4″ thíck. Remove top layer of wax paper. Evenly spread out half of the cranberry fíllíng over dough to 1/2″ from all sídes.
- Begín rollíng from one of the short ends. Dough may stíck at fírst. Gently guíde dough by pullíng up on wax paper. Pínch to seal ends. Transfer rolled dough log to a clean sheet of waxed paper. Roll and tape shut. Place between two large drínkíng glasses. Thís wíll help prevent flat bottom logs.
- Chíll at least 24 hours. After several hours, gently roll log to check for any flat spots.
- When ready to bake. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slíce 1/4″ thíck slíces. Space 1-2″ apart on a bakíng sheet prepared wíth parchment paper or a sílpat. Bake for 8-10 mínutes or untíl bottoms are just turníng golden. Let cookíes rest on tray for 1-2 mínutes before transferríng to a wíre rack to cool.
- Store ín a covered contaíner for up to a week. Remaíníng dough may be frozen. Label well wíth any ínstructíons such as type of dough, bakíng temp, tíme, etc.