- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- four cloves garlic, minced
- three tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium rooster broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon floor nutmeg
- contemporary chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, prepare dinner the fettuccine in keeping with bundle instructions.
- In the meantime, soften butter in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute, stirring steadily, till aromatic. Sprinkle in flour and stir to mix. Cook dinner for an additional minute then slowly pour within the rooster broth and milk, whisking to mix. Proceed cooking, whisking consistently, till the sauce is bubbly and thickened. Stir within the Parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and cut back warmth to medium-low till pasta finishes cooking. Drain the fettuccine and toss with the sauce. Serve instantly and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.