Skip to content
- 1 ½ lb. Boneless, skinless rooster breasts or thighs
- 1 Tbsp. ghee or avocado oil (for stovetop and Immediate Pot variations solely)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, any colour; diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds and membranes eliminated and finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic. minced
- 2 ½ tsp. floor cumin (add extra to style)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. chili powder (add extra to style)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups natural rooster broth (or home made bone broth)
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ cup recent cilantro, chopped
- Recent cilantro and lime wedges for garnish, elective
Gradual Cooker Instructions
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, and spices (cumin by means of black pepper) to the underside of a gradual cooker. Organize rooster on prime of greens in a single layer.
- Add broth and place lid on gradual cooker.
- Set warmth to LOW and prepare dinner 7-Eight hours or till rooster is completed and greens are tender.
- Take away rooster from gradual cooker and shred with two forks. Return rooster to gradual cooker.
- Flip warmth to HIGH. Add coconut milk, stir and substitute lid. Proceed heating an extra 10-15 minutes or till soup is heated by means of.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Style and alter seasonings as desired. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.