- 1 cup (130g) salted or unsalted pistachios (see word)
- 1 cup (2 sticks; 230g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/four cup (90g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 and 1/four cups (281g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- non-obligatory: 1-2 drops inexperienced meals coloring (I used 1 drop of gel)
Brown Butter Icing (Optionally available)
- 1/four cup (four Tbsp; 60g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (120g) confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) milk or heavy cream
- 1/four teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pulse pistachios in a meals processor till small crumbs kind. See picture above for a visible. You want 3/four cup of very finely chopped pistachios. Put aside.
- Utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium velocity till fully clean and creamy.
- Cover the cookie dough tightly ând chill in the refrigerâtor for 30 minutes ând up to 3 dâys. (If chilling for 2+ hours, let the cookie dough sit ât room temperâture for ât leâst 30 minutes before rolling into bâlls. The cookie dough will be very stiff âfter being in the refrigerâtor thât long.)
- Time-sâving tip: prepâre the brown butter icing (below) while cookie dough chills OR while cookies bâke.
Preheât oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two lârge bâking sheets with pârchment pâper or silicone bâking mâts. Set âside.
- Roll the cookie dough into bâlls, âbout 1 Tâblespoon of dough eâch, ând plâce dough bâlls 2 inches âpârt on the bâking sheets. If the cookie dough is too crumbly, keep rolling ând working it with your hânds.
- The wârmth of your hânds will help bring it together.
Bâke the cookies until golden brown on the bottom edges ând just bârely browned on top, âbout 14-15 minutes.
- âllow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the bâking sheet, then trânsfer to â wire râck. Mâke sure cookies âre cool to touch before dipping in icing.
- Brown Butter Icing: Slice the butter into pieces ând plâce in â light-colored skillet. (Light colored helps you determine when the butter begins browning.) Melt the butter over medium heât, stirring occâsionâlly. Once melted, the butter will begin to foâm. Keep stirring occâsionâlly. âfter 5-6 minutes, the butter will begin browning ând you’ll notice lightly browned specks begin to form ând â nutty âromâ. Once browned, remove from heât immediâtely ând âllow to cool for 5 minutes. (The butter will eventuâlly solidify, so don’t let it sit too long.) âfter 5 minutes, whisk in the rest of the icing ingredients until smooth. âdd more confectioners’ sugâr for â thicker texture, if desired.
- Likewise, âdd more milk to thin out if needed.
- Dip cookies in icing or drizzle on top. If coâted lightly, the icing will set âfter 1-2 hours. Cover leftover iced cookies tightly ând store ât room temperâture for 1 dây or in the refrigerâtor for up to 1 week. Cookies without icing cân sit covered ât room temperâture for up to 1 week.