- three tablespoons oil
- 2½ cups raw lengthy grain white rice (450g)
- three cups low-sodium rooster or vegetable inventory, or water + 1 bouillon dice (710 ml)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or 1 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- First, warmth three tablespoons of oil in a deep skillet set over medium-high warmth. Add the rice and stir always till the rice begins to show golden brown. The toastier your rice, the tastier it is going to be (data gleaned from my pal, through her grandma after all).
- Subsequent, add the rooster inventory. The combination will bubble up, and ought to be adopted instantly by the tomato paste or tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Convey to a boil, stirring the tomato paste to dissolve it if utilizing, and canopy with a tight-fitting lid. Instantly flip the warmth right down to low and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- During or when the rice is done cooking, you may want to check moisture levels. If you smell a hint of a burnt scent, your heat is too high! In this scenario, if the rice is cooked, remove from the heat. If it’s not cooked, lower the heat, and add water ½ cup at a time to continue the cooking process. If it’s too wet, leave the lid slightly ajar or off the pan entirely.
- When the rice is done, fluff it with a fork and serve!