For the sauce:
- 1 giant onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- half of bundle mushrooms, about 100 gramsor four oz (sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/four cup white wine
- 450 grams mixed floor veal/beef/pork (1 lb)
- 720 ml tomato passata (24 oz)
- 1 half of cups peas, frozen
For the rice
- 2 cups lengthy grain rice
- tbsp butter
- To assemble
- butter for greasing the casserole
- 1/four cup breadcrumbs
- half of cup mixed Parmigiano and Pecorino Romano cheeses plus 1 tbsp for prime
For the sauce:
- Warmth the olive oil in a big sauce pan. Sauté onions, garlic, carrots, celery and mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and prepare dinner stirring till it has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bottom meat and prepare dinner stirring to interrupt up the items till not pink.
- Pour within the tomato passata, decrease to a simmer and prepare dinner for 30 minutes with the lid loosely masking the pan.
- After 30 minutes add the peas and proceed cooking for 15 minutes longer. Alter the seasoning as wanted.
For the rice:
- Whereas the sauce is simmering, carry four cups of water to a boil in a medium sized sauce pan. Add salt, rice and prepare dinner lined for 15 minutes. Take away from warmth and let sit lined for five minutes longer. Switch to a big mixing bowl and stir within the butter.
- To assemble the dish:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 10″x14′”rectangular casserole and coat with 2 tbsp breadcrumbs.
- In a big mixing bowl mix rice, sauce and half of cup Parmigiano/pecorino cheese. Stir to mix.
- Place the rice combination within the ready casserole and unfold out evenly. Prime with remaining 2 tbsp breadcrumbs and 1 tbsp Parmigiano/pecorino cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Preheat broiler and bake three minutes longer till frivolously browned on prime. Let sit 15 minutes earlier than serving.