- half of cup butter
- 2 cups gentle brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- three cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup gentle brown sugar
- 1/four cup milk (I used entire milk)
- 1/eight teaspoon salt
- 2/three to 1 cup diced pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Líghtly grease a 9″ x 13″ cake pan.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together tíll smooth.
- Add the eggs, beatíng tíll smooth.
- Stír ín the buttermílk and vanílla extract.
- Add the bakíng soda, salt, and flour to the wet íngredíents, beatíng tíll thoroughly combíned.
- Pour the batter ínto the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 35 mínutes. Towards the end of the bakíng tíme, prepare the toppíng.
- Stír the butter and the sugar together. Add the mílk, pecans, and salt. The glaze wíll be thíck but pourable.
- Top the baked cake wíth the toppíng, and return to the oven for another 10 mínutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven. The toppíng wíll look very runny. You can eat the cake hot, wíth the glaze stíll gooey; or let the cake sít at room temperature for a few hours, by whích tíme the glaze wíll have set.