- 1 pound gentle Italian hen sausage
- 1 bell pepper, any shade
- 12 ounces entire wheat penne pasta
- 25 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Warmth a big oven-safe skillet over medium warmth and evenly spray with cooking spray. Take away sausage from casings and add to the skillet. Prepare dinner sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, till not pink.
- In the meantime, chop bell pepper into small items. Add the bell pepper to the skillet with the sausage and prepare dinner for two minutes to melt.
- Add the pasta and marinara to the skillet. Fill the marinara sauce jar virtually to the highest with water and pour the water into the skillet as properly. Stir.
- Convey to a low simmer, cowl, and prepare dinner for about 15 minutes, till many of the liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender. Stir the pasta each 5 minutes or so to assist it prepare dinner evenly.
- Sprinkle with the grated Mozzarella cheese. Place skillet in oven below the broiler for 2-Three minutes to soften the cheese, if desired. Get pleasure from!