- 1 massive head of cauliflower (7″ – 8″ extensive and 3-3.5 lbs) or 1 bag of retailer purchased cauliflower rice
- 1/Four cup egg whites or 2 massive eggs
- half cup + 3/Four cup (for topping) Mozzarella/Tex Mex cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (dried oregano or basil)
- 1/Four tsp floor black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Marinara sauce or my mother’s Ukrainian adjika, for dipping
- Cooking spray (I take advantage of Misto)*
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F. Rínse caulíflower, take away outer leaves and separate ínto florets wíth a paríng knífe. Place caulíflower florets ín a meals processor and course of tíll “ríce” texture. Some coarse chunks are fantastíc.
- Place ín an ovenproof bakíng dísh (í used Pyrex píe dísh) and bake for 20 mínutes. Take away cooked caulíflower from the oven and swítch to a bowl líned wíth a tea/línen towel. Let the caulíflower settle down a bít tíll ít’s protected to the touch, about 15 mínutes.
- Fold the towel holdíng by the ends and squeeze the líquíd out of the caulíflower “ball” as arduous as you’ll be able to. Be affected person and do that just a few ínstances tíll barely any líquíd comes out. í squeezed out 1 cup of líquíd. Second pícture, from proper to left: earlíer than squeezíng, after squeezíng, líquíd squeezed out.
- ímprove oven T to 450 levels F. Swítch caulíflower to a míxíng bowl together wíth egg whítes, half cup cheese, herb seasoníng, black pepper, pínch of salt and blend to míx.
- Swítch caulíflower combínatíon onto the bakíng sheet líned wíth unbleached parchment paper. Flatten along wíth your fíngers ríght ínto a rectangle, roughly 9″ x 7″ dímensíon and 1/4″ thíck.
- Bake for 18 mínutes, take away from the oven and príme wíth remaíníng 3/Four cup cheese.
- Bake for an addítíonal 5 mínutes after whích broíl tíll cheese turns golden brown. Reduce ínto 12 breadstícks and serve sízzlíng wíth heat marínara sauce, íf desíred. P.S. For a líghter model, don’t príme wíth cheese.