Skip to content
- Four to six candy potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch (12-mm) thick rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly floor black pepper
- half of cup firmly packed mild brown sugar
- Four tablespoons (half of stick) unsalted butter (2 oz), plus extra for the baking dish
- half of cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons sorghum or maple syrup
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Butter an ovenproof gratin or casserole dish.
- 2. Prepare the candy potato slices within the ready baking dish and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 3. In a big saucepan, mix the sugar, butter, bourbon, and syrup and convey the combination to a boil over medium-high warmth. As quickly because the sauce begins to boil, pour it over the candy potatoes.
- 4. Bake the casserole, turning the candy potatoes and spooning the liquid excessive often, till the candy potatoes are tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Style and alter for seasoning with salt and pepper.