Skip to content
- 3-1/Three cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 1 teaspoon floor nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- half of teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 giant eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Set racks in center and higher thirds of oven and preheat to 350 levels. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively flour, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of an electrical mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter with 3/four cup sugar till pale and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one by one, scraping down sides of bowl and beating till nicely included after every addition. Shortly beat in vanilla extract. Add the dry elements and blend on low velocity till the dough comes collectively right into a cohesive mass (it might look crumbly at first).
- Place remaining 1/four cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and blend nicely. Utilizing your fingers, pinch off about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll right into a ball, then roll in cinnamon-sugar combination and set on baking sheet. Proceed with remaining dough, spacing balls about 2 inches aside. Bake first batch for 15 minutes, rotating pans as soon as midway via (transfer backside pan to prime and prime pan to backside). When cookies are cool sufficient to deal with however nonetheless heat, roll once more in cinnamon-sugar, then set on rack to chill. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.