- nonstick cooking spray ((or butter))
- 1 cup salted butter (softened, at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Four massive eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 3/Four cups all objective flour
- half teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Put aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in a big mixing bowl. Utilizing a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the substances collectively on medium pace for 3-Four minutes, or till pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one after the other, beating for 15-20 seconds between every and scraping inside bowl sometimes, till the combination is clean and mixed.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. Beat the combination on low till it turns into a clean, thick batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to switch the batter into the loaf pan.
- Switch the pan to the center rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the cake till a toothpick inserted within the heart comes out clear, about 1 hour.
- Test for doneness. Take away from oven or add time as wanted.
- Permit the cake to chill within the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- To launch the cake, run a butter knife between the sting of the cake and the pan. Flip the cake onto a cooling rack.
- Let the cake cool for 1 half -2 hours earlier than slicing and serving.