- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 giant eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar (for rolling the dough balls in)
- 1 Tablespoon floor cinnamon (for rolling the dough balls in)
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
- Cream collectively butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and blend nicely.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and stir till mixed.
- Form dough by spoonfuls into balls. I grease my palms with cooking spray because the dough is barely sticky. I additionally wish to put one completed tray of rolled cookies within the fridge whereas I”m rolling the second. Then while you’re able to roll them in cinnamon and sugar they’re simpler to deal with.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 4 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in combination. Place dough about 2 inches aside on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake eight to 9 minutes (do not over bake!) Take away instantly (and thoroughly, with a very good spatula!) from baking sheets onto a cooling rack to chill fully.