- 8 hen thighs (bone-in, pores and skin on)
- half cup all-purpose flour
- half teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup hen inventory
- half teaspoon dried rosemary
- half teaspoon dried thyme
- parsley for garnish
Notice: click on on instances within the directions to start out a kitchen timer whereas cooking.
- Add the flour in a shallow plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each side of the hen thighs within the seasoned flour, shaking off the surplus.
- In a big Dutch oven over medium warmth, add olive oil.
- Sear the hen thighs till browned on each side.
- Do that in two batches of Four so you do not crowd the plate.
- Take away browned thighs to a plate.
- Add the onion and carrot and sauté till smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cloves minced garlic, and cook dinner about 1 extra minute.
- Add tomato paste combine nicely with all of the elements and cook dinner for one more minute.
- Add the wine, hen inventory, rosemary and thyme.
- Prepare dinner till the liquids are diminished by about half.
- Add the hen again to the pan and scale back warmth to low, cowl and simmer 45 minutes till hen is cooked by.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, serve a hen thigh and a spoonful of veggies and sauce. Prime with parsley if you want.
- Serve with the Richest, Cheesiest, Crispy Mashed Potatoes.