- 4 massive eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half & half, or fuller fats milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt & pepper, to style
- 6 cups barely stale, cubed French bread
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- powdered sugar non-obligatory, for garnish
- raspberry preserves, warmed till stirrable non-obligatory, for garnish
- Add the eggs, half and half, mustard, nutmeg, and salt & pepper to a big bowl. Whisk collectively till the combination’s fully clean.
- Add the bread, stirring till all the bread is nicely coated with egg.
- Stir within the ham and half of the cheese till evenly integrated.
- Frivolously spray an 8×8″ baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Pour the egg combination out into the pan, evenly spreading it out. Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly out over the dish.
- Bake at 350 levels for 40 minutes, or till golden brown on prime and a butter knife inserted within the middle comes out clear.
- Let the casserole relaxation 2 minutes earlier than slicing and plating. If utilizing, sprinkle every slice flippantly with sifted powdered sugar. Drizzle with the nice and cozy raspberry preserves, and serve instantly