- 1 cup milk or non-dairy milk for vegan possibility
- ½ cup home made milk kefir or plain yogurt use non-dairy yogurt for vegan possibility
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups 300 grams all-purpose gluten-free flour (see word)
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lively dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
For Garnishing and Cooking
- ¼ cup olive oil for brushing
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or cumin seeds for sprinkling
- In a small mixing bowl, combine collectively all moist substances. In a big mixing bowl, whisk the dry substances collectively. Add the moist ingredient combination into the dry ingredient combination and use a spatula or clear hand to kind the dough. If you’re utilizing a unique all-purpose gluten-free flour than indicated within the Observe, the wetness of your dough is perhaps totally different. Add 1 tablespoon of additional milk at a time, if vital, to kind a barely sticky dough however not too moist. Cowl the blending bowl and let the dough rise in a heat place for five hours. The dough ought to scent yeasty on the finish of the fermentation.
- Calmly mud a working floor with some gluten-free flour and switch the yeast dough onto the floor. Roll the dough gently to kind a clean ball after which flatten the ball to kind a disc.
- Divide the dough into eight items and roll each bit right into a small clean ball. Use a rolling pin to kind every ball into an oval-shaped disc, roughly 1/eight inch thick.
- Calmly brush a skinny layer of olive oil on prime of the naan and sprinkle with sesame seeds or cumin seeds.
- Range High Technique: Warmth a cast-iron pan over excessive warmth. When the pan is smoky sizzling, calmly brush some oil and place the flattened naan dough into the pan, separately. Cowl with lid and scale back the warmth to medium. Cook dinner both sides for 1-1/2 minutes. Repeat the method till the dough disks are completed.
- Oven Technique: Set the oven to broil. Calmly grease a steel baking sheet. Place a couple of dough disks on the baking sheet and maintain them ½ inch aside. Place the baking sheet on the highest rack. Bake both sides for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes relies on your oven setting. Whenever you see the dough is forming massive bubbles, it’s able to flip to the opposite aspect.
- These gluten-free naan breads are greatest when served sizzling. They are often saved in a freezer as much as a month. Leftovers will be reheated in a microwave oven to regain the smooth texture