- 1 cup dry lentils or 2 cups cooked lentils
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- half cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- half cup chopped peppers (a mix of bell peppers and jalapeño if extra warmth is desired)
- half cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- half teaspoon cumin
- half teaspoon garlic powder
- half teaspoon smoked paprika
- eight six-inch excessive fiber tortillas or lettuce leaves
- Non-obligatory: Avocado, Cilantro, Salsa
- Put together lentils in keeping with bundle instructions or use pre-packaged steamed lentils (like these from Dealer Joe’s).
- Add onions, garlic and peppers to a big sauté pan calmly coated with olive oil over medium warmth. Saute for about 3-5 minutes or till onions start to melt.
- When the onions have softened, add tomatoes, 2 cups cooked lentils and spices. Proceed to saute over medium warmth for an additional 3-5 minutes, till spices are evenly distributed all through the lentil combination.
- To assemble tacos: Warmth tortillas on a dry pan for a couple of minute on both sides. Fill every tortilla with 1/four cup lentil taco meat and costume with desired toppings — avocado, salsa, cilantro, and so forth. Alternatively you should use lettuce wraps as an alternative of tortillas. Get pleasure from instantly!