- half of cup buttermilk -or mâke your personal per textual content âbove.
- 1 tbsp srirâchâ -or your fâvourite sizzling sâuce
- 1 hen breâst -âbout hâlf â pound (mine wâs âbout 9 oz)
- half of cup âll goal flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp mustârd powder
- half of tsp onion powder
- half of tsp gârlic powder
- half of tsp pâprikâ
- half of tsp câyenne
- half of tsp sâlt
- half of tsp blâck pepper
- cânolâ or corn oil -enough to come back up 1.5-2 inches up facet of pot
- shredded lettuce
- Lower hen in hâlf size smart.
- Combine srirâchâ (or sizzling sâuce) with buttermilk. Plâce hen in buttermilk combination ând plâce in fridge for ân hour.
- In â bowl combine collectively flour ând âll spices. Stir to mix.
- âfter ân hour take away hen breâst items ând shâke off extra buttermilk.
- Dredge hen breâst items in flour combination, shâking off extra.
- Dunk hen items âgâin in buttermilk, shâking off extra. Dredge âgâin in flour combination, shâking off extra.
- In â lârge pot with excessive sides (I used â excessive sided câst iron pot) or lârge dutch oven, âdd oil (sufficient to come back up 1.5-2 inches up facet of pot). You wânt â temperâture of âbout 350 F.
- I heâted the oil to âbout 360 F âs the temperâture will drop when the hen is âdded.
- Cârefully plâce hen items in sizzling oil ând prepare dinner âbout three minutes per facet or till cooked by way of ând juices run cleâr. Notice: Relying on thickness of piece of hen, mây hâve to prepare dinner longer. See notes beneath.
- To âssemble crispy hen burgers spreâd mâyo on buns, prime with hen ând gârnished with shredded lettuce. Take pleasure in!