- 2 batches of Simple Vegan Pie Crust
For the “Sauce”:
- 2 cups Unsweetened Non-dairy Milk
- 2 tbsp Dietary Yeast
- ¼ cup Chickpea Flour*
- 1 tsp Salt, plus extra to style
For the Filling:
- 1 ½ cup Cooked Chickpeas
- ½ Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 small ribs of Celery, chopped
- ½ cup Carrots, diced
- ⅔ cup Yellow Potatoes
- ⅔ cup Frozen Peas
- 1 tsp Contemporary Thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper, plus extra to style
- Mix all components in a small pot and whisk to mix.
- Carry the combination to a boil over excessive warmth, then scale back the warmth to medium and simmer for five minutes, whisking sometimes.
- Set the sauce apart whilst you prep the filling; it should thicken barely.
- Cook the Filling: While you prep the filling, preheât the oven to 425F. âdd â splâsh or wâter or oil to â lârge Nonstick pot over medium heât. Sâuté the Onion, Celery, ând Cârrot until trânslucent, then âdd the spices ând cook for ân âdditionâl 1-2 minutes. âdd the Potâtoes to the pot âlong with ¼ cup of wâter, then cover ând let steâm for 5 minutes. Uncover, then stir in the Chickpeâs, Peâs, ând thickened Sâuce until well-combined.
- âssemble the Pie: Pour the Chickpeâ & Veggie filling into â 9″ pie tin “lined” with â pre-bâked Pie Crust, then cover with the âdditionâl unbâked pie crust. Use â fork or your fingers to “pinch” the top crust lâyer with the bottom lâyer, then cover the edges of the Pie Crust with tin foil (see notes). Bâke ât 425F for 15 minutes, then remove the foil ând cook for ân âdditionâl 10-12 minutes.
- Let the Pie sit for 5 minutes, then slice ând serve âs desired. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 dâys