- 5 tbspmeringue powder
- 1 tbsplight corn syrup
- 1 tspCLEAR vanilla extract
- 1 cupwater
- 2 lbspowdered sugar
- In a mixer, mix meringue powder, mild corn syrup, clear vanilla extract, and
- Utilizing a hand whisk, combine substances till the combination turns into foamy.
- Add the powdered sugar to the combination.
- Hand whisk the mixture until the powdered sugar is incorporated and looks soupy. (I do this step so the powdered sugar doesn’t fly everywhere when I start the mixer in the next step.)
- Attach the paddle attachment and beat mixture on medium-high for about 4-6 minutes.
- The mixture should begin to thicken and whiten.
- Mix until the icing forms peaks. (If you remove the paddle and wiggle it, the icing should kind of jiggle but the peaks will remain intact.)
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and gather the icing with a rubber spatula.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap touching the icing surface. Be sure to cover the edges of the icing. Any exposure to air will dry out the icing.
- Cover the bowl with a damp kitchen towel. This prevents little dry crusties of icing from forming and getting into your icing, which would clog your icing tips when you try to decorate.