This cream cheese frosting is ideal for adorning. It holds it’s form nicely and kinds a pleasant crust!
- 1 cup salted butter (=2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Crisco* shortening (just below four oz. on a kitchen scale)
- eight oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- Three lbs powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2-4Tablespoons of milk (add to get consistency to pipe or unfold)
- First, cream the butter and Crisco in a mixing bowl.
- Combine on low velocity for a few minutes till easy and creamy. Add within the vanilla and cream cheese and blend once more till very easy. Step by step add the powdered sugar till it’s all mixed. Will probably be very stiff!
- Then start including milk till you attain the specified consistency for adorning (2-Three tablespoons works nicely for me!)
- I am generally satisfied using generic ingredients, but I’ve found that Crisco shortening has a much better texture and seems to make smoother, yummier icing than when I make it with generic…just my opinion, if anyone is interested
- This recipe yields about 4 1/2 cups of frosting (~4 lbs when weighed). Yes, it’s sweet. Yes, it’s a lot of powdered sugar. But I’ve made this recipe more times than I can count so I know it does work!